The ubiquity of mobile phones is changing the way consumers pay. MasterCard® is at the forefront of building a foundation for secure mobile transactions.
We’re answering the call from consumers who are seeking better ways to pay — through our innovative digital wallet service MasterPass; our contactless technologies that make transactions faster; the mobile solutions we power like Apple Pay™, Samsung Pay and Android Pay™; or the tokenization services we provide through MasterCard Digital Enablement Service.
We make it possible for people to pay with any payment card, anywhere, on any device — through a simple click, tap or touch. MasterCard is your best digital payments partner.
- Our digital payments strategy is centered on choice — developing an array of open, flexible products to meet issuer, merchant and consumer needs.
- Our strategy is robust and future proof, with a consistent and focused view of how digital payments should evolve.
- Our focus on security including industry leadership in EMV is second to none.
MasterCard Digital Enablement Service
What it is
- The digitization service enables a connected device such as a smartphone to act as a safe and secure payment form factor just like a physical card. It provides an "on-behalf-of" service and integrated platform that allows issuers and merchants to manage tokenization and digitization across a wide range of digital payment methods - including device-based and card-on-file solutions.
- Once the card credentials are provisioned to a mobile device, a cardholder is able to make purchases in three ways: by tapping at a contactless-enabled terminal; buying in-app; and with e-commerce merchants.
How it works
- Creation: The card's primary account number (PAN) is replaced with an alternate card number called a token
- Storage: The tokenized card details are delivered to the mobile device through a process called digitization
- Usage: A mobile device is enabled for more secure payments
How it benefits you
- Extend existing card business to digital environment through end-to-end, on-behalf-of services
- Streamline digitization processes via a centralized token generation and management platform
- Ensure two-factor authentication and EMV-like cyptography
- Connect to a multitude of digital wallet partners
Driving convergence with cloud-based payments
If there is no Secure Element in the mobile device, MasterCard Cloud-Based payments digitizes card credentials via Host Card Emulation combined with NFC, and Digital Secure Remote Payment for contactless and remote payments, respectively.